Lileeva's birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday 13 May 2013

317.

18 months today. Wow. So after this one-and-a-half-year milestone we only count the years, officially. It's going too quick!
I know I probably should post more often, but I can't seem to find any outstanding subjects lately. No motivation either, after the long days chasing Lileeva around. She is learning and growing right before our eyes, dropping certain interests like cat food and plug sockets and picking up new ones, like cleaning cupboard, jumping in puddles and practicing walking on stairs, instead of climbing them.
She's also very independent, hardly wanting to hold our hands when walking down the street and honestly, this freaks me out. I obviously pick her up when crossing the road and holding her when we are not in a traffic-dead area, but still.
I met a mum in a baby group and her 18 months old was talking! Proper talking, like 'Mum, come with me!' I was beyond shocked! I however always knew Lileeva will take her time, being brought up in a bilingual household probably isn't easy.
Her association is very good though. saying 'Peppa' when Peppa Pig comes on, 'bubbles' when going in the bath, 'Hello!' when we meet someone, and she wipes her nose straight away if she finds a tissue lying around haha!
I'm slacking on the potty training business... What if I'll be doing it wrong?! Not sure why does it freak me out so much though, I mean general parenting should be scarier than potty training, right?! Somebody give me a pep talk please!
Small and petite as she is, it was time again, so we invested in a new wardrobe for her. Lileeva is slowly becoming a right little lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment