Lileeva's birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday 28 April 2011

17.

It was Lee's birthday celebration last weekend and we went out with all our friends. I'll keep up not posting about my personal things, more likely trying to focus on my pregnancy. (O.K. and beyond, a little bit.)
And so here, in public, I have to admit I drank and smoked. It wasn't the normal 1-2 unit drinking, it was the Jagerbomb night with a 14 Mayfair and I utterly regret it now. I got drunk from a gin and tonic and the first Jagerbomb, then I didn't stop. Luckily didn't have hangover or felt sick the day after, it was just pure guiltiness. A few weeks ago I had a couple of alcopops and the following day I had horrible cramps but not this time.
What I found out from a TV show called 'Misbehaving Mums to Be' that even though you think smoking doesn't harm your baby if you do have around 20 a day it doesn't let the oxygen get to him/her so it's little heart has to work faster to get the ideal amount of oxygen and it can be fatal.
About drinking; Think it was a wake up call, or at least it made me read what the consequences are of heavy/binge drinking:
- restricted growth
- facial abnormalities
- learning and behavioural disorders
Well... We don't want this, do we?! Although in the other program 'I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant' the women do give birth to mainly healthy babies even though they weren't eating healthy but were drinking and smoking during their unknown pregnancy.
Still, I rather not chance it, after all I had low chances to even conceive.

No comments:

Post a Comment