I'm so keen to find out what is the little monster we are having and we still got a week to go til the scan!
People say the mum-to-be usually feels what she's having and the intuition is 100% right. For example my mum had a dream about having a girl (Me.) at the really beginning as well as she felt like that, so she wasn't even thinking of baby boy names. Same with my aunt when she had her children. They were saying as of I mostly eat salty and had no morning sickness whatsoever I more likely to have a boy. But as of me, I ain't got a clue. At the beginning I was dreaming of baby girls and had a feeling of a zombie girl, but not for quite some time now. Now I'm more likely to believe that it's a boy. Or maybe one each. Haha imagine that! Oh well, one can dream.
So have been doing online tests and it says mostly boy. The best of these:
'You have a 72% chance of having a boy.
And you have a 27% chance of having a girl.
And Here's Why:
- You are carrying the extra weight out front, so it's a boy. (Mostly. My ass looks kind of the same as it did before, for the matter of fact.)
- The hair on your legs is growing faster during pregnancy, so it's a boy. (Me is being a yeti anyway, so not sure whether or not this counts.)
- Boys are carried low. You are going to have a boy. (I rather call it low or bang on middle, than high. Movement 'pains' felt usually low and on the sides.)
- Sleeping in a bed with your pillow to the north indicates that you will be having a boy.
- Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy. You are having a boy. (They aren't particularly colder but feels uncomfortable walking
around without slippers, while before I didn't have a problem with
- You prefer the heel of a loaf of bread. You are having a boy. (Never minded the heels, to be honest.)
- Dad-to-be is gaining weight right along with Mom-to-be, which means that you'll have a boy. (Haha!)
- The maternal grandmother has gray hair, so a boy will be born.
- You didn't have morning sickness early in pregnancy, so it will be a boy.
- You are looking particularly good during pregnancy. Therefore, it must be a boy, because girls steal their mother's looks. (Not sure about the so called glowing, but don't think I look worse than
- Your chest development has been quite dramatic during pregnancy. You should expect a girl. (It's only my nipples and around, not the actual tits, so don't think it counts much?!)
- Since the sum of the mother's age at conception and the number of the month of conception is even, it will be a boy.
- A needle on a thread held over you belly moves from side-to-side, so it will be a girl. (That was the Jager keyring 'thread' and my bottle opener as a needle... Doing it with style.)
- Your urine is a bright neon yellow color, so you will have a boy. (It was before, not sure since I drink lots of water and also
have a blue toilet cleaner in the tank so the water actually is blue,
but definitely turns bright green every time I wee.)
- You have a craving for salty or sour foods, which means that it is a boy.
- Your nose hasn't changed during pregnancy, which indicates a girl. (There are some really weird questions in this quiz. I see my face every day, so I don't see any changes, do I?!)
- You have been craving fruits, so it is a girl.
- Your baby's heart rate is 140 or more beats per minute, so it's a girl. (Don't think so, not even sure about the heart rate, I'm just
guessing, since I've got a high heart rate and the baby's is usually
twice as fast as the mother's.)'
And here are the signs comparing to the old school wife tales.. Will have my personal symptoms marked with a star*.
'It's a boy if:
You didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy*
Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute
You are carrying the extra weight out in front*
Your belly looks like a basketball
Your areola have darkened considerably* (More likely just got bigger, I think?)
You are carrying low*
You are craving salty or sour foods*
You are craving protein - meats and cheese
Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy*
The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy*
Your hands are very dry
Your pillow faces north when you sleep*
Dad-to-be is gaining weight too*
Pregnancy has you looking better than ever*
Your urine is a bright yellow in colour*
Your nose is spreading
If you hang your wedding ring over your belly, it moves in circles (Thought it was all the way round?!)
You are having headaches*
You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived the number is even*
It's a girl if:
You had morning sickness early in pregnancy
Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute*
You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear
Your left breast is larger than your right breast* (Maybe a little?! Can't really decide.)
Your hair gets red highlights
You are carrying high
Your belly looks like a watermelon*
You crave sweets
You crave fruit*
You crave orange juice*
You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy
You are moodier than usual during pregnancy
Your face breaks out more than usual
You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread
Your breasts have really blossomed!
Your pillow faces south when you sleep
Your urine is a dull yellow in colour
If you hang your wedding ring over your belly, it moves from side to side *
If you add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived the number is odd'
Even though I'm not quite sure of some of the boy ones it still seems I'm more likely to have a little predator boy.
Either way, we decided of the names already (Months ago, but don't think I mentioned them yet?!) it's Aiden Lee Rothwell-Vatai if a boy or Lileeva Rothwell-Vatai if it's a girl.
Can't bloody wait til the 24th now! As long as we find out what it is on the day above, neither of us cares what the gender is. Are we there yet?!