Lileeva's birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday 28 September 2011

123.


I have to mention here, that I made my first ever poppy seed cake last Friday! Well... First ever cake really. Well chuffed! It's something my friend Tünde is good at, and ever since Lee tried it he kept bugging me for the recipe, so she felt responsible for helping me out and sharing the secret. Unfortunately she'll be moving to New Zealand in a month or so, but we had a deal of weekly visits and bakings until then. At least I'm out when Lee is still asleep, I'm with a friend who doesn't anymore work so would just be bored sitting home like me, and of course I'm learning to be comfortable in the kitchen. Useful and fun, what else a mum-to-be would want?

Something absolutely different; We were talking about marriage with Lee the other day. Again. We both are on the same opinion of it being just a kind of useless paperwork, but it still hits you on the soft spot when a person you love the most and want to spend your life with, says he doesn't want to get married.
It's not that I want to get married, it's just I don't want it to be said out loud. He said it would be pointless anyway, cause he classes me as his wife already, which I agree with; We live together, we have a cat together, we have a baby on the way. What else can you class as marriage?! A paper and a ring. So what? He didn't say it won't ever happen, in fact he said, one day when we are comfortable with money, we will have our own 'big day'. Also, both of us being previously engaged, we know nothing depends on the title, it won't change and/or make our relationship better, so is mainly money out the window which we don't yet have.
See, I wouldn't even mind getting married but I never wanted to be a wife. Something to do with the stereotypes I reckon, haha! I would want to have a day all about me, a girly day with a hairdresser, make-up artist, nice big dress and to be treated as a princess.
On the other hand; I had a day for myself, my Baby Shower. And what happened?! Been thrown in the spotlight I was just sitting in the corner not being able to do much with the situation.
Hah! Contradictions.
All in all, I think it's more likely something to do with the wedding dress(es) and to look buff and posh for an entire day, with the loved one. (Not like I'd be able to choose one out from all the gorgeous outfits.) Apart from that, -as gay as it may sounds- I'm being treated like a little princess every day by my boy anyways. Yay.

Edit:
Friday, 30 September 2011 23:38
My designer friend Katta just said, she can make the above dress for me,  if I wanted to. Absolutely forgot about she had dresses designed with the similar style for the catwalk, not even that long ago. Hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment