Lileeva's birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday 31 July 2011

69.

Been a while so a health post is ahead.
I'm having well scary nightmares lately, mixed with some crazy stuff. Even though they are not likely to be about the baby herself, it is common to have them during pregnancy (Hormones, eh?!) and perhaps as well my subconscious worries might be mixing with the fact that I'm not a deep sleeper anyway, let alone nowadays when my daily night sleeps are between 4 and 6 hours (Damn you, bio-clock!) instead of the 'normal' 10-12 what I got used to in the past years.
'Sleep may not feel that restful any more if you're having vivid or scary dreams. These are normal because when you sleep, your subconscious becomes the stage for any worries about pregnancy and impending motherhood. Or they may just reflect sleep disturbances causes by indigestion, hormones, or aches and pains.'
Another complication I have to face is heartburn, and it's killing me for days now. Luckily I have some left over Gaviscon which is safe to take during pregnancy, so I'm managing.
'Heartburn is one of the most common symptoms of pregnancy. The hormones that are present in pregnancy lead to relaxation of the valve between the bottom of the gullet (oesophagus) and the stomach. This means that stomach acid can splash up into the oesophagus, causing pain and an acid taste in the mouth. The problem is made worse in the late stages of pregnancy by the uterus pushing everything upwards.'

 
I'm also starting to become really mother-like which drives me mad! I feel sorry for Lee, seriously.
Little things, like telling him to take the bigger size of juice to work since he's doing a long shift, or asking him whether he's got everything before he leaves. We had a laugh about it, saying I'm having a mid-life crisis at the age of 24, but made him promise he'll let me know when I'm becoming too much.
I think it's just something you get used to do with people you love and care about, but I always hated when my mum and nan done it to me, and to be honest, this is one of the reasons we aren't so close anymore.
Well... At least I'm noticing these little annoying things too, so there's a thin chance I'll be able to work on changing myself. For now.
And, as long as these are my main and only problems, I think I can consider myself perfectly fine, safe and lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment