Lileeva's birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday 31 July 2011

70.

Proper unreal that I only have 14 weeks to go!
And I still don't look like a 6 months pregnant, and other people mentioned it too. Somehow the bump doesn't look like an 'official' bump yet. I am big though, but not on the standard pregnant way if that makes sense. Suppose the lady growing her sweet tooth and me supporting her with chocolate doesn't help either, just makes me chubby haha! So far of getting told I'm eating a lot (Post 14.) and being worried about getting huge quick (Post 34.), now I'm worried of not being nice and big enough!
I got my 28 weeks scan appointment yay! Most hospitals only do a couple of scans though, one on the 12th week and another on the 20th. I requested this one which is called a 'growth scan' and is needed too cause of the medication I take, even though our little girl has her own thyroid now, so she should be fine no matter whether or not I take the pills.
We might have one on the 36th week too, same reason. Can't wait to see her again!
Depends on whether or not I'll be getting a nice nurse, I'll ask her to let Lee turn on the torch on his phone, and hold it close to her little face to see if she reacts for the light. I think her eyes being bad is my main worry. After all, it's one of those things you are not likely being able to find out til she's a couple of months old.
I'm not too concerned about her hearing though, and I'm sure I'll be able to sense her little kicks when Lee starts to talk to her later on, or me turning the music on loud. If not, and there will be another scan on week 36, I might be able to ask the nurse to let us play some music on our phones, held close to the bump, see if it wakes her up or makes her move.
I sound proper paranoid I know, just as in my opening entry of this month's. (Post 44.)
'At 26 weeks, fetal brain scans show that babies respond to touch and if you shine a light on your abdomen, your baby will turn her head, which researchers say shows that the optic nerve is functioning. He will respond to sound more consistently toward the end of the seventh month, when the nerve pathways to the ears are complete.'

No comments:

Post a Comment