Lileeva's birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday 1 August 2011

72.

On Saturday me and Lee were babysitting Alfie again.
We went to our friend's birthday BBQ first (I had a pint and a half of cider, been a while and it felt way too nice, even think Lileeva liked it.) then up to the hospital to see Louise and let the in-laws go out, we took over of looking after the little man. He had bit of a crying session in the hospital and Lou said she never seen him like this. We made her sure it's not me strangling him when they all turn around, but is having fits daily, for about an hour or two and neither of us or the in-laws can do anything about it.
We were lucky this time, cause he fell asleep in the car on the way home, but I had to change his nappy just in case and put him into his pj's. This was the second time I changed a baby in my life (Him and him.) and I done it pretty much on my own, quicker than the first time, and have to admit it was pretty easy. I know I'll have lots and lots of time to practice, but still.
He obviously woke up and being tired and grumpy made him start his evening crying fit, and he never stops it for me (I suppose he feels that I'm not experienced and not too comfortable of holding him; He's obviously someone else's baby and I'm scared of dropping him and stuff.) but Lee gave him a bottle, and it shut him up, in fact he fell asleep before finishing it, around 10pm and was still asleep when we left at 02am.
I know I'm going to be more comfortable with my own baby but I still have hopes for her being calm, or if she cried she done it for a reason not just out of boredom. Anyways, I'm sure we'll be alright, after all many parents can deal with their baby's colic syndrome, why couldn't I?!
Suppose everything will come naturally once the time is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment